MEET THE COACH
Hello, I'm Ingrid Loos Miller and I am here to teach you how to be a faster, stronger, and more skilled triathlete! If you are having trouble with time limits, I can help you develop the skills and fitness you need to get to the finish line with time to spare. I specialize in freestyle and open water swimming technique, as well as cycling skills, mental preparation and endurance running.
I started out as a lawyer and began coaching on the side. In 2008, I made the switch to full time coaching and have never looked back! I am USAT Level 1 Certified, and a Total Immersion Certified Swim coach. I hold group workouts on weekends for local athletes in my Fearless Endurance Triathlon club, and I also coach online. I am very approachable and responsive to your emails and FB messages. I do lots of research and I try creative approaches to solving problems. I will help you focus on the aspects of training that are holding you back the most.
Thank you for considering my coaching services and happy training!
Coaching middle-aged accountants, school-teachers and computer geeks into skilled and confident triathletes is the most fun and satisfying job ever. 99.9% of triathletes will never get to the Ironman World Championships, including myself, but if you join me, we will train and race together and we will get faster and stronger and make great friends along the way.
- Coached over 100 successful half and full distance triathlon finishes, often with athletes that could hardly swim when they hired me
- Have participated in Triathlons and endurance events of all distances for over 10 years
- Dozens of Sprint and Olympic Distance finishes, often on the podium
- LA Tri Series AG Champion
- 6 Ironman Distance Finishes including Arizona, Los Cabos, Palm Springs and Vineman
- Numerous Half-Distance Ironman Finishes including Hawaii, Vineman, Bayshore, Palm Springs, Santa Clarita, Chula Vista, Oceanside, Silverman
- 10K Open Water Swim finisher
- Dozens of Marathons, Half Marathons and Mountain Runs
- Rowed across Catalina Channel in 2 man dory 3 times during tenure as Ocean Lifeguard
- 8 years on the beach ocean lifeguard experience which has been key to helping athletes deal with open water anxiety
- USAT Level 1 Coach since 2008
- Total Immersion Freestyle Coach
- Training Peaks University Level 2 Coach
- USA Cycling Coach
- Weight Management for Triathletes (Meyer & Meyer 2016, second printing)
- Fearless Swimming for Triathletes (Meyer & Meyer 2011)
- Functional Strength for Triathletes (Meyer & Meyer 2012)
- Weight Management for Triathletes (Meyer & Meyer 2010)
- Ironplanner: Iron-Distance Organizer for Triathletes (Meyer & Meyer 2009)
- Contributor: Trail Runner, Marathon and Beyond, Triathlete Magazine
- Attorney from 1985-2010 (retired)